International Conference on Air Pollution –
Moving Towards Clean Air for Europe
Air pollution poses the largest environmental health risk in Europe and has a significant impact on the climate of our planet. Several efforts have already been made to reduce the concentration of the key air pollutants in Europe; however, it is clear that the reduction of the emission of air pollutants in the different sectors is still needed to comply with the standards and guidelines.
We proudly announce the “International Conference on Air Pollution – Moving Towards Clean Air for Europe” which is organized in the framework of the HungAIRy LIFE integrated project. With this conference we would like to bring together the air quality experts working in different regions across Europe. Presentations from both ongoing and recently completed projects, especially those are funded under the European Union’s LIFE programme are welcomed. Experts presenting a relevant project funded under other programmes (e.g., Horizon 2020, Interreg) are also invited to participate at the conference.
The topics to be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- air quality modelling,
- new technologies and networks in air quality monitoring,
- emission reduction strategies and practices in different sectors (e.g. residential, traffic, agriculture),
- monitoring the impact of activities,
- communication strategies and good practices,
- policy uptake,
- effects of air pollution on the health, climate and the built environment.
We are looking forward to meeting you online on 9-10 November 2021!
– The HungAIRy LIFE IP team